Friday, July 10, 2009

Independence Day

We celebrated 4th of July with my parents, my sister Kate and my brother Chris in San Antonio. Like most holidays with my family, it was all about the FOOD! Papa made ribs, corn on the cob, ice cream and cotton candy and Noni made french toast, hot cocoa and peach cobbler. Doesn't get much better than that! We ate as much as we could at the house and then headed out for Mexican food in the evening. We had great food and heard a very loud band at La Fonda. I'd like to say that the band was good, but I think loud is really the better description. They were a lot of fun, anyway.

We caught a fireworks show in the car on the way home. We pulled onto the shoulder of the feeder road and watched. I have to say this is the best way to see fireworks. You stay in the a/c, you don't get bitten by mosquitoes and there's no crowded parking lot at the end. The only draw back is that we couldn't hear the sound of the firecrackers soaring the air and the pop when they get to the top. Andrew and Kate found a great rememdy to this, however. They made all the sound effects for us. I can hear it now..."Eeeeee!!! Pccch!"
The girls wait in anticipation as Papa checks to see if the ice cream is ready.

The girls give their stamp of approval as they sample the goods. Hannah and Ellie got to lick the paddle from the ice cream maker.

2 comments:

The Vacek's said...

ok, that is the cutest picture ever!

Kier's Serendipity said...

I concur!