Monday, July 13, 2009

Smokinose

For those of you wondering how to pronounce that, it's smoke-i-nose. Now say it fast. That's right, smokinose. Ellie said this to me all afternoon one day last week and I never could figure out what she was talking about. Finally, a few days later, she got her face close to mine and said it again, "Smokinose, Mommy!" It finally hit me. She was talking about eskimos - kisses that is! Eskimo kisses! What a honey. I felt bad that she'd been asking for eskimo kisses for a couple days and I hadn't been able to understand. We've decided that smokinose is way more fun to say, so I think it's gonna stick.

Through the past few years we've had lots of fun mispronunciations that have stuck. A lot more from Hannah so far, but there's still time. Here are just a few:

Olivia room - living room
Pink tails - pig tails
foot flops - flip flops
oneie - eleven
Aunt Brownie - Aunt Brandy
Kiki - Blanket
Baboo -Diaper
chicken maggots - chicken nuggets (I know...gross, but Hannah doesn't know the difference)

It's always a little sad the day one of them starts pronouncing those words the correct way. It just means that a little more baby has worn off.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

cute post :) it's good you have those documented so the kids can have a good laugh about them too someday!