Friday, July 10, 2009

Milestones and fun stuff

We've hit a few milestones in the last several months. First, Hannah made her first dress. I kid you not. She comes down stairs one afternoon and she has made a dress out of a strand of tulle, a rectangle of fabric and some tape. I don't know where the inspiration came from, but I was a little in shock when she came to show me her creation. In true Hannah style, she had the perfect heals to match.

Next on the list, Benjamin learned to sit up at around 6 1/2 months. It all started with the bumbo and he gradually worked his way up to sitting up with no hands. I don't think it matters how many kids you've already had, it's just as exciting every time they learn something new. Now he likes to sit up and rock back and forth. He's starting to get himself up on his knees from his belly now, too. I don't think the thought has occurred to him yet that he might go forward from this position, but I'm sure that will come in less time than we anticipate. Without a doubt, Benjamin is already the busiest child we have had. He's a bouncer and a grabber and a pincher. He doesn't like to be still for long and he really likes attention!
Ben's first time in the bumbo a few months ago.

On top of the world!

Last, but not least, Ellie also had a first. She tasted her first Freebird's burrito in College Station. I think the burrito was as big as her head. She really just liked tortilla. Hannah also had a few bites and she attempted to make her own aluminum foil figurine for the wall. That proved to be more difficult than anticipated.

I must also include the fulfillment of a prophesy. I knew that it would happen, I just wasn't sure when. Hannah has officially made a practice of putting girly dress up things on Benjamin. I'm not always quick enough to get a picture, but here's one of Princess Ben. He wasn't too happy about it and he let us know. Didn't seem to deter her from doing it again.


1 comment:

Kier's Serendipity said...

How fun, Freebird's and a princess hat! Aww...siblings.